In Texas, possession of a weapon may be classified as a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the nature of the offense. Weapons charges involve a number of different unlawful acts involving the use, sale, possession, or distribution of weapons. Although most cases involve firearms, weapons cases can also involve other items such as knives, brass knuckles and more. Almost anything can be classified as a “deadly weapon” in some context, if the item can be used to cause violent injury or death.
Here are some examples of weapons charges that the Attorneys at Rodriguez & Associates P.C. have handled:
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Unlawful sale of distribution of a firearm
- Unlawful possession of a firearm
- Possession of an illegal weapon
- Use of a deadly weapon during the commission of a crime